Bristol Croquet Club fully supports and implements the CA's Safeguarding policies.
Everyone is responsible for safeguarding of the vulnerable and so all members should be familiar with the following.
Summary of Safeguarding Responsibilities
Local Safeguarding Officer (LSO)
- Understand and undertake the responsibilities described in the CA policy
- Report to all Committee meetings and AGM
- Inform the Committee when they are no longer able to continue in this role, giving as much notice as possible.
- Understand and undertake their responsibilities described in the CA policy
- Follow the Safeguarding processes described in the CA policy
- Make use of the guidance described in the CA policy
- Ensure LSO submits a report to each Committee meeting and AGM
- Ensure the LSO is informed about who is undertaking any of the roles listed below
- Ensure Child Safeguarding policy is reviewed at least every 3 years
- Ensure the information in section 2 of the policy is included in the beginners' enrolment, membership application and renewal forms
- Remind people about the confidentiality of personal information in the contacts list each time it is circulated
- Liaise with the LSO to ensure the parents/guardians of under-18 members are provided with the necessary information and consents - see CA Safeguarding Templates
- Understand and undertake their responsibilities as set out in the CA policy with particular regard to the Responsible Adult role
Organisers of Social and Other Events
- Anyone creating any publicity must check with the LSO to ensure the necessary consents have been obtained